Monday 7 September 2015

Part 3: Miracle's Story



The whole way to the camp I was feeling horribly car sick! "Great!" I thought, " what a good impression I am going to give them. I'm wearing dirty cloths form the last camp, I'm pale as a ghost, and I'm carting around this little egg! They are going to think I'm crazy!"

 ( because I am!)

Anyhow, we got to camp, and all my friends from the year before crowded around happy to see me. I was happy to see them too, but my body just wanted to collapse! I think that was the worse case of car sickness I ever had. I walked up to one of the camp directors in a bit of a haze.

" Look," I said, trying not to stutter, " I'm trying to hatch this egg, so is it okay if I keep it with me? It was abandoned, so I kind of have to help it!"

I don't think "Yes" ever sounded so good to my ears! All my friends helped me take my stuff up to my bed, and I began once again to try to help this little duckling hatch. By this time it was about 7pm, and I wasn't feeling any better. If anything, I was feeling worse! I was moisturising the membrane, when I felt it coming on. I grabbed the container with the egg, ran to the bathroom and threw up. For the next half hour, I leaned over the toilet, kept moisturising the egg, and threw up. I felt relieved after my stomach had relaxed, but it wasn't over! Next was a migraine headache, then shudders, and nausea again. I don't know why I was feeling so sick. Maybe it was a mix of stress, lack of sleep, car sickness, and maybe something I ate! Either way, through that whole episode of horror, the duckling still refused to exit it's shell! By 9:30pm I was done! I figured if it wasn't going to get out then, it never would. To keep things short, I surgically removed her! It's against every law in the book, but I didn't know what to do! I had to sleep that night, and if I wasn't constantly wetting her membrane it would turn hard as rock, and then she wouldn't be able to get out anyway. I had forgotten my tweezers at home, so I carefully ripped away the membrane with my fingers. In about two minuets my rag and hands were covered in blood, and goo; But there in my hands lay Miracle!


No comments:

Post a Comment